How to apply
for the Improvisation Competition?
Conditions for application
The competition is open to professional organists of all ages. They are expected to have recital experience in improvisation and must be prepared to tackle technically demanding and sometimes experimental material in prescribed and free forms.
How to apply?
- Fill in the online application form.
- Send a scan of a recent and valid passport or ID to firstname.lastname@example.org (you may make all privacy details invisible, except for your name, place and date of birth, and country where you live now)
- Make a recording (.mp3 or .wav) of an improvisation making use of the thematic material which can be found through the link beneath.
- Submit this recording before March 15, 2020 by WeTransfer to email@example.com. If using WeTransfer is not possible, send it by post mail on CD (no Mini-Disc or audio-tape) to the postal address of the Festival. (see for more details under).
- Your application is complete when it has been confirmed by the festival office.
- The jury will anonymously judge the recordings.
- You will be informed about your admittance to the Improvisation Competition by April 15, 2020.
Applicants who don’t want to make use of WeTransfer are advised to send recordings by registered priority post addressed to our office postal address (to be requested with an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org - don’t use any old postal addresses), and to send us an e-mail to inform us that the recording has been posted; confirmation will be sent when the recording has arrived. You are advised to keep their original recording and submit a copy!
Click here for the thematic material for the preliminary round
March 15, 2020