Info aanmelding en betaling
Summer Academy 2021
Due to the postponement of the Haarlem Organ Festival until 2021, we temporarily closed the registration for the Summer Academy to prepare the website for the new situation. The online application form will function again as soon as possible. This will be announded with a Newsletter.
How to subscribe for the Summer Academy?
Choose in which period you want to take part in the Summer Academy: only the first week (19-23 July), the second week (26-30 July) or both weeks.
If you are a Young Talent (12-18 years), go to this page.
Take a look at the course overview and decide which courses you want to follow. You can choose a maximum of six courses, but note that some courses cannot be combined because the lessons will take place at the same time.
After Registration, choose and confirm your choice of the preferred courses.
Almost done... You just need to consider joining the Summer Academy Excursion on Sunday 26 July (heading beautiful organs in the southern part of the Netherlands, like Breda, Den Bosch and Helmond). The places in the luxurious touring car are limited, so don’t forget to choose this option right now.
If you want to join the bus to go to the recital on the world-famous organs in Laurenskerk Alkmaar (Wednesday 29 July), select this option too. Last but no least: don't forget to subscribe for the very interesting Clavichord Workshop by Prof. Menno van Delft!
Do you want to make use of our Bed & Breakfast arrangement? It’s much cheaper than a hotel! You live in a separate bedroom in a private house in Haarlem (or in the close neighbourhood of Haarlem, depending on the date of registering).
Just choose this option and mention the period in which you will be in Haarlem. You will be contacted by our B&B manager. If you follow courses only in the first academy week and want to join the excursion on July 25, be sure that you are in Haarlem till July 26!
Organizing a prestigious Organ Festival such as ours and ensuring that the Haarlem Summer Academy has a future becomes more difficult every year. Short- and long-term fund contributions are reduced every year. Like in many countries, culture, and certainly in the field of classical music, is under pressure. We are increasingly dependent on voluntary donations from benefactors. If you can spend an extra small amount or if you know someone who wants to donate, you can add a donation to your subscription. We are very grateful for every small (and large ...) amount!
After confirmation, you will be been forwarded automatically to the payment page. The calculated fee will be shown here and you can choose in which way you want to pay: by Master, Visa, Paypal or bank account transfer.
After payment you will receive a confirmation mail. Congratulations! You will take part in the Haarlem Summer Academy next Summer!
Some Summer Academy rules:
- Each course consists of 5 masterclasses of 2 hours each on various historical organs in and around Haarlem. We expect you to attend the selected courses entirely. If you do not attend all lessons without notice, you will not receive the Haarlem Summer Academy Certificate.
- All masterclasses will be in the English language.
- Your Summer Academy application is only definite when payment of the Registration fee, course fee and B&B arrangement (if reserved) is received. You may try to reserve B&B later, but we can’t guarantee there will be a private guesthouse available then.
- The repertoire you will prepare for the courses should be notified to the organization by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org at least on March 1, 2021. If you do not, your student status will be adjusted to Passive!
In case you cancel your submission and/or B&B arrangement:
- Be aware that the registration fee (€ 105) will not be refunded.
- When cancelling before April 30th 2021, 75% of the paid fees will be refunded.
- When you cancel after May 1st 2021, no refund will be possible, except when your cancellation is caused by visa complications (see under) or by an unexpected change in your medical condition.
- In this last instance please send us an original doctor’s statement. If accepted we will refund 75 % of the paid fees.
- After July 17th 2021, no fee will be refunded in any case. So, check your personal travel insurance!
- The Festival Organization can help with visa applications (invitation letters etc.) after we received your course fee payment. However, it’s your responsibility to start visa procedures in time! When your visa application is not completed on or after June 30th 2021, we will not refund any paid fees.
How to pay
- Payment is possible via the website, or by money transfer to our bank account.
Group or individual discount
- When you join the Summer Academy with a group of more then 5 students, or if you as individual student have difficulties to pay the full course fee, please send us an email to inform about our discount fees!
The Haarlem Summer Academy 2021 course fees are:
|Amount of courses||Fee|
|Six courses:||€ 975|
|Five courses:||€ 850|
|Four courses:||€ 725|
|Three courses:||€ 575|
|Two courses:||€ 425|
|Single course:||€ 250|
|Young Talents:||€ 300|
|Workshop Clavichord||€ 20|
|Registration fee (obligatory, except for Young Talents):||€ 105|
|Excursion by touring car on July 25 2021:||€ 55 all-in|
|Travel by touring car to Alkmaar on July 28 2021:||€ 10|
|Bed & Breakfast arrangement:||€ 39,50 a night|